The details of the RTI request are as follows:
Forestry Environment and Wildlife Department
1. Please provide district wise data about acres of land sold and /or transferred by the Forestry department during the last 10 years
2. Please provide district wise details of revenue generated by land and timber sales during the last 10 years
3. Please provide district wise data about forest area that is currently under illegal occupation
4. Please provide district wise number and details of cases initiated against individuals and organisations/departments on the illegal occupation of forest lands during the last 10 years (Jan 2007 – November 2017).
5. Please provide district wise numbers and details of the cases initiated against individuals and organisations involved in illegal timber cutting
27 December 2017
Date of Receipt:
1 January 2018
Response from Agency/Department
Date of Response:
19 February 2018
Text of Response:
The report on the subject received from the following offices are enclosed herewith for favour of further course of action as desire please…. The remaining reports will be submitted to your office as and when received from the concerned offices.
Complaint to Appellate Body
Complaint Filed (Y/N):
MMfD had filed three information requests with the forest department about records related to forest area and afforestation schemes. Only three divisional forest officers from one forest region in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa responded to some questions from the three requests. (KP apparently has 41 divisional forest officers.) The responses were clubbed together so only the cover letters have been attached below. MMfD has made the data from these responses available in the data section of our website.
Copy of Request:
Copy of Response: